[lug] pspell API - "can't find aspell module"

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Nov 29 08:01:57 MST 2001

Anyone here every try to use the Pspell API?  I looked at the manual and
it's "Usage" section which describes how to use the API.  I used the
examples pretty much as they are listed.  It works except I always get the
message "Can't load the Aspell module".  I have no idea where to look for
these modules or how to make them available to be loaded.

I think the modules are shared libs and have a particular naming scheme.  I
also think that for some reason when I use the API I get a default module
name that doesn't match the module names as they are installed.  That's my
guess right now.

I'm running on KRUD 2001-08-01 updated using Ximian's Red Carpet and RH's
up2date.  I've installed both the development and runtime versions of
aspell and the development (no runtime available) pspell packages.  Aspell
works fine, as does Gaspell (the GTK front end).   So the modules are
probably installed.  I just have to figure out how to make my program find
them.

Anyone have any clues?  I haven't heard back from the doc maintainer yet.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |  When someone asks you, "A penny for your
The Graphics Muse           |  thoughts," and you put your two cents in, what