[lug] pspell API - "can't find aspell module"

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Nov 29 14:04:46 MST 2001

Thus spoke D. Stimits
> I haven't used pspell, though I have it installed. Do you have the
> aspell rpm or package, which is a separate package?

Yes.  Aspell is installed correctly.  Both it and Gaspell work just fine.

A little more digging through the pspell source after I sent my message to
this list turned up what I think the problem is:  pspell doesn't like to
run with a libtool version that isn't the same as the one it was compiled
with.  It's possible the pspell libs I loaded (either from the KRUD disk or
from RedHat/Ximian) isn't compatible with the libtool that is also
installed.  I can test this theory by installing pspell my self under
/usr/local and using the version of libtool it installs there.  If so, then
pspell is not portable enough to use as a generic interface to spell
checkers, and I'll end up using aspell/ispell via a pipe in my program.

I get the feeling the compatibility issue is the root of the problem.
After all, pspell is at version 0.12.2.  :-)
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com