[lug] good amd motherboards for linux RH 71.

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 29 16:16:49 MST 2001

I'd like to mention the GigaByte GA-7DX.  I'm running it with 512 MB DDR
RAM and an Athlon 1.4 266.  I have ECC RAM installed, but haven't turned
it on in the BIOS yet.  The GigaByte web site says it runs the Durons
too.  I initially loaded RedHat 7.1 but didn't do anything with that
OS.  I now run the machine daily with Red Hat 7.2 and it has been smooth
sailing.  I did verify that the on board sound worked with the 7.1
install, but haven't tested it yet with 7.2.  When I was looking for a
board to buy I read what I think was every usenet post on the GA-7DX,
and I found only a couple that were slightly negative.

Gary