[lug] Netscape 6.2 Web Page Problem

Robert George Mayer mayer at acm.org
Fri Nov 30 11:23:41 MST 2001

"J. Wayde Allen" wrote:

> I've run into an interesting web problem for a conference I've been
> working on.  Basically the URL:
>
>    http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html
>
> seems to work when viewed with:
>
>    - Netscape 4.76
>    - Opera 5.0b6
>    - Lynx 2.8.3rel.1
>    - MSIE
>
> However, I have one report that there is some wierdness when viewed with
> the new Netscape 6.2.  If any of you have a different browser and wouldn't
> mind, I'd appreciate it if you'd check the site and let me know
> (privately) if it works or not?  Comments or suggestions would also be
> appreciated.
>
> - Wayde
>   (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

Wade -

I tried it with Konqueror 2.2.1 (Using KDE 2.2-11). There is one oddity.
In the line "4-6 March 2002", the '4' is in a smaller font than the rest of
the line.  The '4' seems to be in the same point size as the next line
(the address).  The rest of the date line seems to be the same point size
as the pervious lines (the sysmposium name). Otherwise, it looks great.

Mozilla 0.9.2.1 looks similar to Netscape 4.78 (which is to say, just fine),
except that in Modzilla, the date appears to be in a bold font.

HTH.

- BOB

--
                       Robert George Mayer
          370 Canyonside Drive  Boulder, Colorado 80302
              303-444-2548            mayer at acm.org