[lug] Re: M$ FrontPage != Free Speech

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Dec 3 17:14:41 MST 2001

Jeff Patterson wrote:

> Isn't it illeagal to put this kind of language into a product?  If not, is
> it enforcable?  For example, suppose I write a web page using (God forbid)
> M$ Fronpage, and slam M$.  What can they do about it.  Is this just pretty
> language to try and scare people or does this "agreement" have any teeth?

I'd guess that they'd make it cost a lot of money to defend yourself.
The first person that survives the trial of attorney fees would probably
win, and nothing would happen to MS, likely they'd leave this in their
agreement since it would require a separate lawsuit to force them to
remove it from their EULA.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com