[lug] ipop3d to qpopper migration

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 14:23:40 MST 2001

Hey all!

Just today I tried to migrate from ipop3d to qpopper.  Whoops.
Everything worked perfectly except every use was sent message containing

---
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system
software. If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be
re-created with the data reset to initial values.
---

On top of that all of the mail which people had saved, via webmail, was
not accessible.  Obviously qpopper wasn't pointing to the same directory
as ipop3d.  So I switched back to ipop3d and everything seems to be
working just as before.

Does anybody have any expertise on this sort of thing?  I don't mind so
much the email that was sent to everybody (above), but I'm curious why
it was sent.  I would like to know how I can save the users email during
the migration.  Do I just point qpopper to the directory that ipop3d is
pointed at?  How?

Thanks,

Greg