[lug] mplayer - what can I use it for?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Dec 5 09:00:35 MST 2001

I've downloaded MPlayer, a video player that is gaining alot of popularity
(if Freshmeat is to be believed, which it probably should be).  It builds
and runs okay.  Now the question begs - what can I do with this thing?

I tried previewing some movies at Pixar and MovieFone, but the compressed
MOV format is not yet supported.  I tried some of the Enhanced CD's I have
but either those don't work or I'm not providing the right track number for
the video.  I don't have a DVD player so can't test that.

What video can I test this sucker with?  Anyone got some pointers to online
videos or some ideas how I can play the enhanced CD's I have?  Oh, and I
have all the DLL's from my Windows 98 installation loaded as well.  MPlayer
sees them and seems to be happy with them.  I guess I just don't have the
right drivers for QT5.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com