[lug] Off-topic: Contour line in image problem

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Dec 6 10:21:24 MST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Glenn Murray wrote:

> Do you know of any software to do this sort of thing?  I may end up
> writing it myself.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You might be able to get at this using the GIMP.  I think you could select
the area by color.  Don't know if it would tell you the size of the area,
but you could approximate the area if you could get a count of the number
of selected pixels.  Mike Hammel ... do you have any slick ways of doing
this?

Of course, in any case if you are looking for the "absolute" area of the
real flame you will need to know the scaling factor of the scanned image.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                       ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technology
     http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html