[lug] Lame server on?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Dec 6 11:08:57 MST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 09:01:59AM -0700, John Hernandez wrote:
> Paul Bille wrote:
>
> It means that they have a ns record pointing to a server that isn't
> actually authoratative for the domain.  If they are your friends, you
> might want to let them know.

My employer's ISP has been promoting new servers - where one can rent a piece of one, or the whole thing.

The ISP represents these servers as being bullet-proof (they _do_ run Linux), and expertly maintained.

So it was a little disconcerting to see "lame server" messages in the log after we browsed the ISP's promotional site (if they can't set up DNS properly, can we trust them to do the REST of the job well?)

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)