[lug] Off-topic: Contour line in image problem

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Fri Dec 7 09:58:09 MST 2001

Yes, the appeal of using something like the Gimp is that it might make
it easy to do manual manipulation of the image.  My question is the
one Ralf Mattes hinted at: once I get the embossed or mouse-drawn line
created, how do I get those pixels into a file of x,y coordinates?  At
that point I can think about getting the line's length.

I'm thinking it might be wiser to do the whole thing in some package
(e.g., Matlab), though I expect to lose the mousing.

But line integrals?  Laplace transforms?  The next time I teach Calc
III I'm going to make you guys sit in.

Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html