[lug] C++, fstream, finding name of open stream

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Dec 7 11:22:46 MST 2001

Does anyone here know if there is a way to extract the file name and
path (I need full path) from an ifstream or fstream in general under
Linux/g++? I've been looking through the headers for fstream and related
files, there doesn't seem to be any direct mechanism for finding the
file name and path when given an open fstream (I'm using ifstream). I'm
assuming that if there is a way, it is probably system-dependent.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com