[lug] named-xfer/named wont' write zone files

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri Dec 7 15:29:02 MST 2001

This sounds like a file permission problem.  (made worse by running
named-xfer by hand, which one should never have to, or want to do,
really... use "dig" to test this stuff and stay away from running the
internals of BIND by hand...).

What user is named running as and did your manual named-xfer put files
that user can't overwrite in the appropriate directory?  Or are the
directory perms hosed up?

Nate