[lug] BLUG presentation

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Fri Dec 7 21:46:05 MST 2001

On Friday 07 December 2001 09:05 pm, you wrote:
> ljp wrote:
> > java! The Zaurus SL-5000D. (5500 for the consumer version) (which I came
> > back
>
> [*snip*]
>
> > whadda think?
>
> +1, I'd love to see a demo!
>
> > Any questions?
>
> Yes, how well does the keyboard work?  What are the (physical) networking
 options?

it's nice. Basically thumbs only. Key codes like Shift-space for |
:)

It comes with a USB cradle will eventually sync to a computer running linux.
(it's not a USB host, client device only)
Compact flash wireless seemed to be the rage there. Comes with Opera web
browser. Konqueror also works on it. Has an email client, and one of the
Sharp 's linux consultants has a web browser running on it! I think it has
NFS, and samba has been ported.
Quake has also been ported, for those gamer types.

There's camera's, GPL units, modems, ethernet cards for it. Even video I/O!

I dont have any wireless networking for mine, but it does work well.
I would suppose networking is one of its selling points.

and no loud fans!!!
:D

ljp