[lug] BLUG presentation

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Dec 7 21:52:26 MST 2001

ljp wrote:

> Hi-
> I was lucky enought to be choosen among a select group of developers and
> press people that attended a developer symposium for Sharps' new, soon to be
> released, just announced- "Personal Mobile Tool",  running linux, and qt, and
> java! The Zaurus SL-5000D. (5500 for the consumer version) (which I came back
> from, having spoken to so many German, and Norwegian coders, that I came back
> feeling like I was speaking with an accent!!, at least I was thinking with an
> accent, anyways!!)
>
> Someone, I guess, wanted me to port gutenbrowser to it.
>
> As I have now in my possesion, and brand spanking new zaurus (developer
> version) [thank you Sharp and Trolltech]!!!!, Maybe perhaps I could give a
> presentation at a blug meeting? Some kind of projector would be cool.
>
> whadda think?
> Any questions?
>
> ljp

Does it come with a serial port, such that it could be used as a serial
console (especially if the other machine has the kernel debugger kdb on
it)? Now if it had something like a network card it would be even more
interesting. Hmm...add the infrared irda thing to each box, and if the
Zaurus could directly act like an irda controller...more fun.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com