[lug] Example consulting contract

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Dec 8 14:45:02 MST 2001

Anne George wrote:

> I'm looking for an example of a simple consulting contract/agreement for
> software consulting.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
> I'm going into a situation where I need to get buy-in from the current staff
> on software engineering process and object-oriented design. Its seems so
> intangible, and I may get major resistance from some of the staff.  Anyone
> been there?
>
> Thanks.

I'd be interested in any samples you find. The only hint I can guess at
is that the bigger accounting firms most likely publish what they
consider good samples, but I also suspect that any such packages have a
price. Long ago I was a graduate accounting/finance student, and ended
up with a free book from Ernst & Young on business plans. What I didn't
realize is that the normal price for that kind of book was like $180,
but they gave them away free to student accounting societies. On the
other hand, it's one of the best business planning books you'll find
anywhere. I suspect there are similar publications on contracts for
various industries, including software industry.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com