[lug] Example consulting contract

Robert George Mayer mayer at acm.org
Sat Dec 8 17:34:48 MST 2001

Anne George wrote:

> I'm looking for an example of a simple consulting contract/agreement for
> software consulting.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
> I'm going into a situation where I need to get buy-in from the current staff
> on software engineering process and object-oriented design. Its seems so
> intangible, and I may get major resistance from some of the staff.  Anyone
> been there?
>
> Thanks.

Anne -

Check out the newsgroup alt.computer.consultants.moderated.  This may
be the most frequently ask question on the newsgroup. (If not, the
most frequently asked question is "How do I set my rates.")

For example, the Google group search:
  http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=100&
as_scoring=r&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=sample+contract&
as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=alt.computer.consultants.moderated&
as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&
as_mind=29&as_minm=3&as_miny=1995&as_maxd=8&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2001

(put it all in one line)
gives five hits.

That said, whenever the question comes up in accm, the response
always seems to be that, in the long run, hiring a lawyer is
the least expensive way to go.

-BOB

--
                       Robert George Mayer
          370 Canyonside Drive  Boulder, Colorado 80302
              303-444-2548            mayer at acm.org