[lug] Newbie tries to make laptop modem work

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Thu Dec 6 10:13:44 MST 2001

It looks like your wvdial.conf is configured either explicitly or by
default, to use the eth0 interface instead of your modem.  My wvdial.conf
has the following:

[Dialer Defaults]
... [stuff snipped] ...
Modem = /dev/ttyLT0

Of course any such modem line in your cfg should be modified appropriately
for the specific device name of *your* modem.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net