[lug] attbi: misconfigured BROADCAST addr, etc?

SamGAllen at cs.com SamGAllen at cs.com
Mon Dec 10 14:18:27 MST 2001

Neal,

I just got my connection with attbi to work.  I'm using a Linux box as a
firewall with several PCs behind it.  I have the same broadcast address,
"255.255.255.255," as you do and it seems to work.  I did remove the old
@Home hostname because AT&T doesn't use hostnames now.  My problem, as you
can see from my thread this morning, was with DNS queries not working
correctly.  I invoked "named" on the Linux command line, which caused my
firewall to become a name server and then pointed my PCs to the firewall for
DNS lookups.  I hope this helps.

Sam