[lug] attbi troubles

Rob Judd rjudd at mlug.missouri.edu
Mon Dec 10 14:37:08 MST 2001

> I see a lease time of 1 hour too; however, my IP hasn't changed since
> Wednesday morning.
>
>  If you're running dhcpcd, try "cat /etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-ethX.info",
> where ethX is your outward facing NIC.

You might want to try

dhcpcd -k
dhcpcd -dR -l 99999999 -s <ip-address> ethX

where 99999999 is some suitably large number of seconds and <ip-address>
is the address of your current lease.  This requests 99999999 as the lease
time.  The server is free to ignore this but on my end it seems to have
accepted it.  No more requesting leases every hour...

Cheers, Rob