[lug] On NPR this morning

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Tue Dec 11 16:14:12 MST 2001

On 12-11 11:03, Jeff wrote:
> I also would like to see it work on some of the various flavors of
> *nix.  Security in those platforms acutally means something.  However in
> M$ products, as we have seen, means very little, if anything.  It
> wouldn't be difficult to block/alter/minipulate the virus.  Send back
> false hits, incorrect info, etc. :)

Maybe they could save the trouble of trying to infect machines, and send out
an open source tarball for us to install and modify. :)

Post-Sep 11 attacks, I was giving some serious thought to signing up for the
FBI, both to give my support for my country as well as provide me with a
more stable job. Stuff like this makes me give pause, though. I know the
idea is to get the bad people, but this just seems like too wide of a net
(or could be, if people in power at FBI wanted to abuse it).