[lug] e-mail addressing question

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Dec 13 12:52:44 MST 2001

I've just been discussing e-mail addressing with one of our sysadmins, and
I mentioned that I thought that if one's address is:

   myname at somplace.org

that the address

   myname-something at someplace.org

should also be correct.  I seem to remember reading something about this
recently, but can't seem to located it.  As I recall it was a useful way
of keeping track of list subscriptions.  You could for example subscribe
to a list as me-lug at somplace.org.  Does anyone know anything about
this?  Have I got it all wrong?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html