[lug] e-mail addressing question

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Thu Dec 13 13:52:43 MST 2001

Yep. "+" for Sendmail and "-" for Qmail, and a whole lotta nothing for
Exchange.

<rant>
Now, the thing that has *really* started to hack me off lately it the shoddy
programming and poor RFC compliance by the vast majority of commercial web
sites. 90% of all web sites I've come across lately will reject or mangle
email addresses with an embedded plus sign. My bank, for one, which used to
work fine with such an email address, now tells me my email address is
invalid. It certainly is not.

I sent in a suggestion to Wells Fargo that fix this problem. I've been
informed that my suggestion has been forwarded to their *marketing
department* for consideration!!! I trust that by reading RFC822, Wells
Fargo's marketing department will immediately know the correct thing to do.
</rant>

I feel so much better now that I've got that off my chest.

Anyone know if dash (-) aliased email addresses can be made to work with
Postfix?

-Rob