[lug] Postfix, hash, and unsupported dictionary types....

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Thu Dec 13 23:20:23 MST 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> If one command says hash is available, but another can't find it,
> perhaps the file or module providing the support is inaccessible due to
> path or permissions? I assume each of those map types is a dynamically
> loadable module, which is very similar between linux and solaris.

Support for them within postfix is done at compile time. However, I
believe they do load the module dynamically.

this is what ldd on smtpd returns:
paranoia [2]# ldd smtpd
        libdb-3.3.so =>  /lib/libdb-3.3.so
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /lib/libresolv.so.2
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /lib/libdl.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2