[lug] Book reviews requested

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Fri Dec 14 09:20:23 MST 2001

The books supplied to the BLUG by O'Reilly are review copies.  So, if
you've read one, they would very much appreciate hearing from you.  The
following was recently posted in O'Reilly's new e-mail bulletin.

   REVIEW COPY GUIDELINES
   however we would like to remind groups requesting copies for review
   that it's appropriate to write a review in exchange for the books
   provided.

   If you would rather post a press release that O'Reilly has written, in
   lieu of writing a review, let me know. I'm happy to provide you with
   the link to the press release or email the entire release to you.

   If you're new to writing product reviews, I found this article from
   APCUG (Association of Personal Computer Users) to be insightful,
   hopefully it can help give you some pointers:
   http://www.apcug.org/reports/apr01/r010428.htm

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html