[lug] [rmiug-discuss] BJUG Meeting - December 13th @ 7:30 PM - FlemingLaw Building, room #156 - Happy Holidays!! (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Mon Dec 17 10:19:58 MST 2001

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Glenn Murray wrote:

> Until this summer BJUG was meeting on Wednesdays; I complained to Jay
> Zimmerman about the change to Thursdays, but obviously that didn't
> help.

I was a bit surprised that they were meeting at the same time as we
were.  I didn't remember this originally being the case.  It wasn't until
someone pointed this out to me that it finally soaked in.

> A bit cheeky of him to advertise announce his group on this list
> after making the change.

Don't blame him.  I cross posted his announcement to the rmiug without
looking at the date.  It simply seemed like something that the BLUG
membership would find interesting.  (Evidently I was correct.)

In my opinion, the BLUG exists as a source of information about topics
related to Linux.  We really shouldn't be trying to compete with the other
user groups, but rather to support each other.  Heck, we still get
questions about how to solve a Microsoft or Apple problem, and having this
information or a link to those that do I think is a good thing.  It may
mean that people here are forced to decide between the BJUG or the BLUG
topic for the evening, but that is life.  There just aren't enough free
evenings for all the prospective groups not to run into conflicts.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html