[lug] attbi @Home blues

Jeff Howell howeljs at grimoire.stortek.com
Tue Dec 18 14:57:28 MST 2001

I've found dhcpcd to work better with att's service than pump. You
probably want to let it overwrite your /etc/resolv.conf as the new att
network is a completely different network 12.x.x.x and has different
nameservers.

On my machine, a slackware 8 box, a simply executing dhcpcd with no
arguments got me up and running. RedHat also installs dhcpd. You can
force it to use dhcpcd rather than pump by taking the executable bit off
the pump executable: chmod 644 /sbin/pump should do the trick.

reguards,
Jeff