[lug] MX records in DNS

cody at neosolv.net cody at neosolv.net
Tue Dec 18 16:11:44 MST 2001

Hugh,

The problem is you did not specify the host name in front of either of the
MX records, thus they are both the exact same MX record.  Your zone file
is not read based on placement of records, so putting a blank record after
a specific host record does not cause that record to inherit that host
name.  It just sets an MX record for the implied domain.  Try changing
the first MX record to:

web			MX   10		mail

That shoud get mail at web.host.dom delivered to mail.

regards,