[lug] Getting a TDK veloCD recognized to use as a CD-RW

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 18 22:20:35 MST 2001

Hello,

I bought a TDK velcoCD CD-RW and have installed it. It is installed as
the master device on the IDE bus number 1 (the second bus), is
recognized as /dev/hdc and can be used to read CD's. Now I want to get
it to write CD's, and am having trouble doing so. The instructions in
the various HOW-TO's are not always up to date, and not very clear.

I've tried the instructions in the CD-Writing HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.1) but my
computer seems to override the loading of the ide-scsi module and
continues to recognize it as /dev/hdc when the system boots.

I've also tried compiling the SCSI drivers into the kernel but this does
not work either.

Could anyone provide help on what exactly what I need to do to get this
up and running? I would prefer to use modules, but am willing to do a
kernel compile if necessary.

Thanx.

BOF