[lug] attbi @Home blues

Rick Casey caseyh at colorado.edu
Tue Dec 18 23:27:51 MST 2001

Thanks for this info on dhcpcd. Has sure helped.I think I do need to use
it instead of pump. I found a good info source about it at
www.scrounge.org/linux/dhcpcd.html

Unfortunately I'm getting 'operation failed' when I try to run dhcpcd;
my syslog message about it says:

    Dec 18 22:40:19 C28665-A dhcpcd[1911]: timed out waiting for a valid
DHCP server response

That looks like my old hostname address from the Excite at Home service.
Cannot see where this is coming from; I cleared out the config info
using control-panel and rebooted.

How does one clear out this hostname?
Don't I a need at least a DHCP server IP to direct dhcpcd where to go?

Thanks,
--rick