[lug] GIMP, 24 bit tga

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Dec 26 16:02:43 MST 2001

"D. Stimits" wrote:

> Can anyone here tell me how to force gimp to save a tga file as 24 bit?
> It is forcing 32 bit (at least in the header spec). I can't seem to find
> a way to specify this, perhaps I have to create a tga from scratch in
> order to do this. (it's just a 48x48 icon)
>
> D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com

Ok, this isn't quite as it seems. Gimp does claim it is 24 bit. I
assumed then that because the header shows 32 bit, it must have an alpha
channel it isn't counting. But no alpha channel. Can anyone tell me why
the header produced in a 24 bit tga via gimp would claim 32 bit? This
breaks one application that checks file size and measures bytes based on
header claims.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com