[lug] logging with bind 8

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Mon Dec 31 10:19:21 MST 2001

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 01:57:58PM -0700, Brad Doctor wrote:
> Very odd.  I always use the native BIND distribution from
> ISC:   ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/
> I've never used the one that Redhat supplies, so I cannot speak for
> that.  However, this certainly works on RH 6/7.x, Solaris, *BSD, etc.
>
> [...]
> At 03:14 PM 12/29/2001 -0600, charles at lunarmedia.net wrote:
>
> >I am using the initscript, i.e. /etc/rc3.d/S45named restart, to restart

for one thing i'd make shure that the init script really consults
your configuration file. Try doing the following (as root):

#  /etc/rc3.d/S45named stop
#  strace -ff -e open /etc/rc3.d/S45named start

this should give you a list of all files/sockets/fifos that where
opened by the script/daemon.

 Ralf Mattes

(and a happy new year to everyone :-)