[lug] has anybody tried VNC with gnome or kde?

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Wed Jan 2 15:57:59 MST 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:47:59PM -0700, Hobbs: Nobuki Matsui wrote:

> I wonder if anybody has tried VNC with either gnome or kde, using a
> linux box?  If so I would like to know how.

I've been running vncviewer from gnome on a Slackware 8.0 box for
quite a while now with no trouble.  I haven't used the server, though.

As far as "how" goes, I just unpacked it into my home directory, cd to
the vnc directory and do ./vncviewer.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're talking about using the server,
though.  I can try serving when I get home from work tonight.

Any details you can provide may be useful.

-Paul