[lug] How do you make sound work?

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Fri Jan 4 15:34:59 MST 2002

Assuming RH, then go to a non-X session (init 3 as root from a terminal)
and then run sndconfig.  In the past, when I have tried sndconfig from X
it locks up the machine (there's a note to that effect and they really
meant it).  That should configure your sound card and load the
appropriate modules (assuming it is a supported sound card).

Hugh