[lug] High Availability and Failover options

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Fri Jan 4 16:49:55 MST 2002

I am curious if you already store the entire session state in some
format like custom programs or SQL, such that state is separate from the
program using it? If not, you would have to figure out something fairly
complicated, like snooping the core state of a running program and being
able to restart a new copy elsewhere; plus modify anything that is a
machine reference to the machine that originally owned the core. If
session state and data are already separated from the application
itself, you are a few miles ahead.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com