[lug] ncurses programming and terms

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Mon Jan 7 19:31:58 MST 2002

On Monday 07 January 2002 07:11 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 05:33:56PM -0700, ljp wrote:
> > Anybody know ncurses programming here?
>
> Yes, a bit. What do you want to know?
>
>  Ralf

Well, I kinda figured out the problem. I ported (heh just a cross compile,
really) linuxtree to the Sharp Zaurus pda, and when I was using it.. the
keycodes were wrong. So Delete wasn't delete, it came out \177. As it turns
out.. the default TERM on the Zaurus is vt100.. well... the keys only seem to
work properly on the Z when TERM=linux.

I guess I do have a question, I suppose. In this program, can I set what TERM
to use explicitly? Instead of using the Z's default setting of vt100, which
doesn't work?

ljp