[lug] ATI Radeon Video Card

Fred Robinson FRobinson at sandcherry.com
Tue Jan 8 11:31:24 MST 2002

Ken,
Thanks for the response!  Actually I received a tip to use ctrl-alt-F1 to
toggle between X and the command line, doing this I was able to login and
quit X.  I'm continuing to work on the X problems with Xconfigurator.  As
far as my card being old, ATI Radeo is a 2000/2001 model so I would suspect
it would be compatible with 4.0/4.1?  Do you know which Red Hat version
shipped with 3.3.6?  The ATI Radeon is not in the list of supported video
cards in the Red Hat 7.1 distribution so if 3.3.6 is in 7.1 I'm not sure
which video driver to use?

Fred Robinson
Sr. Systems Engineer
SandCherry networks