[lug] Conference at CU Law school: "After Microsoft"

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Jan 9 15:21:36 MST 2002

Hi, everyone.

A conference called "Regulation of Information Platforms" is happening
at the CU Law School on Sunday, January 27 from 9:00 AM - 6:30 PM and
Monday, January 28 from 8:30 AM - 2:15 PM.

One of the talks is entitled "After Microsoft" and in my opinion, is
certain to mention Linux.  Some of the speakers were directly involved
in the DOJ vs. Microsoft antitrust case.  I'm told that Lawrence
Lessig is one of the speakers.

The law school here at CU frequently has conferences and panels on
technology and law that I think some of us here in BLUG would be
interested in.  If you're a fan of Lawrence Lessig (I know I am...) or
are otherwise concerned with telecom or "intellectual property" or
commercial law as it relates to technology, (maybe Evelyn's talk on
licenses last month inspired you)...

Check out what they've got: http://www.silicon-flatirons.org/

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological