[lug] Money and meetings

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 9 15:38:40 MST 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 08:30:36AM -0700, Norm Metcalf wrote:
>    3) a restaurant has a banquet room that holds 88 people.  In order to get
>the room at "no charge" everyone must pay $30 for a meal (and everyone must
>buy a meal).

Wow, for only $1500/month we can meet at a restraunt?  What did you tell
them our name was, Ben Dover?  ;-/

When I was in Eugene, Oregon, they had this thing that I think was monthly,
but it might have even been weekly.  I don't recall.  It was called the
"Tech Brew Pub", and it was held in a smallish banquet room (total capacity
probably around 50).  They charged $5, IIRC, and had a buffet set up.  They
had a presentation and then it was just a mixer of a bunch of folks talking
tech stuff.  They had a pretty diverse crowd, from technies to management
and marketing.

Sean
--
 I've been going to this high-school for seven and a half years.  I'm no
 dummy...                      -- Better Off Dead