[lug] notebook boot problems

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Wed Jan 9 16:56:46 MST 2002

seems like rh offers a boot kernel for such a situation.  essentially
all the bootable cdrom and floppy are offering is a special kernel and
some programs to run.  I'd look at getting the right kernel into /boot
and then mod lilo to boot it instead of your regular kernel.  I'd look
to see if you can find any documentation regarding that.  Seems like I
saw something along those lines on a caldera 2.3 or 2.4 cd once.

FWIW,

Hugh