[lug] NTP and GPS boxes

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Thu Jan 10 16:23:21 MST 2002

The discussions about ntpdate today made me curious, so I've been reading up
on ntp.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a fairly inexpensive GPS module that
works well as an NTP clock with Linux?

Elyse

ps.  Not sure anyone else would be interested (my father was a watchmaker and
I go through occasional phases of clock obsession) but considering that NIST
is in town, even if we don't meet there any more, could we see about getting
in a guest speaker on "Time and Linux and the Internet"? General
considerations, ntp 4 vs earlier versions, how things have changed now that
the GPS system has put a bunch of cesium and rubidium clocks in orbit... what
the future may hold...