[lug] C++ inline asm on g++

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 21:25:50 MST 2002

>>>>> "Kelly" == Kelly Brock <krbrock at pacbell.net> writes:

Kelly> 	The simple reason is that I want to maintain the encapsulation
Kelly> of the function.  It's 15 lines of assembly and it's the only
Kelly> thing stopping an entire set of systems from working under
Kelly> Linux.

That makes sense.
There may be a way to do it -- I'm not an expert on inline asm in gcc.
However, if there is a way, it doesn't seem to be documented.

One idea would be to extend __attribute__((naked)) to work for other
targets.  I have no idea whether this would be accepted by the gcc
maintainers.  Your best bet is to ask on the gcc list: gcc at gcc.gnu.org.

Tom