[lug] Mailing list moderator

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Sat Jan 12 14:27:28 MST 2002

Peter Hutnick <phutnick at peakpeak.com> writes:

> One of the duties enumerated last night was mailing list moderator.
> The discussion centered around what to do with "free stuff" email.
> That seems to be resolved.
>
> Are there any other list moderation duties that need doing?  I've
> moderated several lists and would be willing to lend a hand with stuff
> like clearing out trapped spam, admonishing folks to send smaller
> messages, etc. as well as sending off list messages to inform
> about/encourage etiquette on the list.

I'm not sure how much of this is taken care of by the folks at
tummy.com, but I haven't seen much spam on the list. This list has one
of the best signal-to-noise ratios I've ever seen from any list its
size. I suspect that just means someone's been silently doing a great
job, but I'm not even sure who that's been. Wayde?

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility