[lug] Mailing list moderator

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Sun Jan 13 23:44:17 MST 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> Wayde has done most of the work, I offered to help him out with largely
> moderation-based tasks a while ago while he continued to deal with the
> other offers such as folks sending various sorts of advertisements to the
> list, deciding what things to post from other groups and lists (including
> the LUG META group that we set up for the inter-communication of LUG
> leaders).

Yes, there are actually three lists maintained by the BLUG:

   - The main discussion list (this one)

   - The BLUG announcement list (only carries announcements of activities)

   - The Meta list that grew out of the behind the scenes BLUG
     administration e-mails.  The idea here was to link together the
     administrative bodies of all of the known Colorad LUG's.  This works
     more or less, but there is a suprising small amount of traffic
     there.  It does help when coordinating events between the LUG's
     though.

> I know that Wayde has spoken about giving Chris moderation access.  I can
> certainly do that.  I certainly would welcome some moderation assistance
> since I've been farily busy and haven't been keeping up with the list as
> much as I have in the past.

I can pass the keys to Chris if he wants them?  Currently Kyle is the only
person besides me with the passwords.  That gives him access to the web
interface in case he decides to change the general look and feel.  Sean
has access since he is the sysadmin.  Let me know what you guys want to
do with the list.  In the meantime, I'll continue to keep the list
running.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html