[lug] DNS

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Mon Jan 14 15:46:14 MST 2002

Sorry that was a bit more brief than I intended.

I'm guessing that this is caused by the slave not being able to refresh the
zone data with the master.  If you know for fact that the master is up and
working fine, then I would look to a possible communication problem.  On
some firewalls I've seen people open up the necessary UDP ports for
communication, but not the TCP ports which are used for zone transfers.