[lug] /proc/sys/fs/inode-max missing?

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Wed Jan 16 15:13:21 MST 2002

Thanks.  Yes, this is the type of info that lead me to believe that I need
to up my inode max.  My free inodes according to /proc/sys/fs/inode-state is
extremely low at just about all times.

I'm getting confused now.  I was reading the sysctl doc from linuxhq.com
under the kernel 2.4 section which was saying I should have an inode-max,
but now that I'm picking through it with a fine tooth comb, I just realized
that the fs.txt under sysclt has a header that states "kernel version 2.2".
Ugghh... So now the question is:  is the fs.txt included with the 2.4 kernel
documentation out of date, or just used from 2.2 since it hasn't changed?

I'm confused...