[lug] gpg question

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Sat Jan 19 13:49:51 MST 2002

tmp:919)gpg --help | more
 -s, --sign [file]                make a signature
     --clearsign [file]           make a clear text signature
 -b, --detach-sign                make a detached signature
 -e, --encrypt                    encrypt data
 -c, --symmetric                  encryption only with symmetric cipher

So you want "-ba" rather than "-sa".  "-s" puts the whole thing in one
base64-encoded file, as you would see if you did "gpg -o /tmp/q
foo.txt.asc" on the one our created.

Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us>
http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
GPG/PGP signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  Keyid: 2C9EBA60