[lug] Installfest news

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Sat Jan 19 23:24:11 MST 2002

"D. Stimits" <stimits at idcomm.com> writes:

> I can *probably* bring a dolly, I have to borrow it myself (and see if
> it fits in the car).

Cool, this could be a great help.

> I assume we can park in lot 436 during the day on that particular
> Saturday? I'm wondering if any events would get in the way of that.

That might be a concern, but at the moment, the CU events calendar
(http://www.colorado.edu/eventscalendar/) isn't showing me anything
likely to get in the way. Chances are it won't be too bad.

> And I assume that lots of need would occur for access to the Internet to
> do the job right. Someone may want to create a localized web server on
> their machine with a web page that has all the links to various distro
> downloads and updates (if someone is feeling enthusiastic:).

Well, if we use the room in the engineering center, we'll just use the
ethernet and power on the desks. (I'd really like a backup plan, all
the same...)

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility