[lug] February 14th talk?

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Jan 23 00:01:59 MST 2002

Hi, everyone.

D. Stimits just reminded me that we need a speaker for February, and
even offered a topic - package management.

A particularly good speaker for this would be someone who's at least
familiar with the usages and nitty-gritty differences between the
tools, and it'd be great if it could cover a range of things - .deb,
.rpm, and the relationship between the package managers and the
configuration managers, like Yast (which I've never used, so I might
be implicating wrongly.)

Would anybody like to give this talk? I've gotten to know .deb, but
very little about .rpm.  We could do a panel discussion, or a tag-team
approach of more than one speaker and each focusing on a different
toolchain, if that would be better.

Again, if you have ideas on talks you'd like to hear or give, let me
know!

(In any event, it's unlikely that I'll have anyplace else to be
besides BLUG on the 14th. I'll just ignore for the moment what that
implicates about my personal life...)

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility