[lug] Star Office Status

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Jan 23 11:43:48 MST 2002

"J. Wayde Allen" wrote:

> I'm a bit confused about the current status of Star Office.  Obviously
> version 5.2 is available for download, and I snagged a copy of the 6.0
> beta before that offer expired.  What I'm wondering is if version 6.0 is
> expected to be released for download anytime soon, or are there other
> plans?

Due to my 56k modem, I never got around to downloading version 6, but I
think the alpha or beta or some other "pre" named version is available:
  http://www.staroffice.com/

Incidentally, does anyone have CD's for the newer Star Office they can
bring to the installfest? Though I don't know if we can do that based on
licensing (which I have not read, but I know one has to "register" first
to download it). I would love a copy of the newer Star Office on CD,
beats the heck out of downloading it on a 56k modem.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com