[lug] Weird permission changing

Chip Atkinson chip at rmpg.org
Thu Jan 24 07:47:52 MST 2002

It's Redhat 7.1.  I should probably blow that thing away anyway.

On a related note, I was thinking of ways to make that machine more secure
without crippling performance.  I thought of mounting /bin /usr/bin /sbin
and /usr/sbin read only, but also though of burning a cd with all that on
it and mounting the cd instead.  It seems reasonable to me since many
things would be in buffer cache after a little bit.

Chip